Frequently Asked Questions

Some frequently asked questions:

Where is your Hospital located?

We are located at 163244 N 2810 Rd (a.k.a. McKinley Rd) in
Marlow, OK 73055. You can click here to visit our Contact Us page for a map and directions to our Hospital.

What are your Office Hours?

We are open from 7:30am-5:30pm Monday through Friday. Normally we do not close for lunch, however occasionally we may close for a special event or occasion.

Do I need an appointment?

Yes, we do operate by scheduled appointments to see your animal as your time is valuable and we don’t want you to have to wait. Unfortunately there are times that our Veterinarian may have been called out or is dealing with an emergency and we ask for your patience in these situations.

We also understand how busy life is, and do try to accommodate walk-ins as best as we can.

If you would like to schedule an appointment, please call us at 580-658-7300 or click here to request an appointment.

What animals do you treat?

We are a mixed animal practice and will treat almost any species of animal:

  • Dogs
  • Cats
  • Pocket Pets (Guinea Pigs, Rabbits, Hamsters, Rats, etc.)
  • Birds
  • Reptiles
  • Small Farm Animals
  • Ferrets
  • Cattle
  • Horses
  • Llamas
  • Chickens

Not sure if we treat your pet’s species? Contact us today, our team is happy to answer your questions!

What Services do you offer?

We are a full service Mixed Animal Practice, but don’t let that mislead you. Dr. Hammond is quite comfortable, dedicated and knowledgeable in both large and small animals. While he has special interests in Small and Large Animal Surgery, and Canine, Equine and Bovine Reproduction, we are a full-service Veterinary Facility.

We provide onsite laboratory services, pharmacy services, flea and tick and heartworm prevention products, dental prophylaxis (cleaning), routine spays, neuters and vaccination services as well as preventative, necessary, emergency and acute care. We also offer grooming services.

Do you offer payment options?

We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Check, Cash, ScratchPay and CareCredit. We also work with VetBilling for Pet Savings Accounts and Wellness Plans. Complete payment is due when services are rendered.

We understand veterinary care can sometimes be unexpected and not planned for. Inform our Team of any financial limitations so that we can work with you to come up with the best payment option for you and your pet and make recommendations.

For more information on our payment options and recommended financing options, visit our Payment Options page.

Do you make house or farm calls?

We routinely make house, farm or other onsite calls as necessary. Please call 580-658-7300 to set up an appointment for that service.

What is an emergency?

An emergency is a sudden illness or accident—any unforeseen medical problem. Call us if your animal displays any of these symptoms:

  • Bleeding
  • Injury
  • Allergic reaction
  • Poisoning
  • Inability to urinate
  • Inability to get up or walk
  • Bites/Burns
  • Breathing difficulties
  • Pain/Discomfort

It has been our experience that symptoms described over the phone cannot always be properly interpreted. An examination of your pet is the best way to help identify any problem.

What can I expect if my pet needs to be euthanized?

Unfortunately the time comes for many pet owners, when quality of life decisions need to be made. If you are facing this difficult decision, please call us at 580-658-7300 to discuss the best options for you and your pet specifically. You can expect to answer questions about whether you’d like to be present and body care options. We have options available for home burial or cremation.

A few more questions

What do I do, if I have an emergency during regular business hours?

Emergencies can be stressful when they happen to your pet or large animal, so if you don’t think to call before bringing your animal in we understand. However, we do appreciate a call so we can be prepared for your arrival, or to let you know if our Veterinarian is available, as we are a one Veterinarian practice.

I think I have an emergency. Who do I contact after regular business hours?

If you feel that your animal’s condition requires immediate medical attention and it is after hours, call 580-658-7300, and you will be forwarded to someone who will be able to help you.

Do you have wellness or preventative medicine plan?

We do offer a Wellness Partnership Program. Our doctor and team believe in a partnership to provide the best health care possible to your four legged family member. Our Partnership Wellness Program is simple – become a member and enjoy discounts on preventative care and products, vaccinations, heart worm prevention and more!

Ask any team member for more information on our Wellness Partnership Program today.

Why do some preventative products require you to see our animal?

Many preventative products are labeled “Caution: Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.” This means, that by law we need to have a Veterinarian Patient Client Relationship, (VPCR) where we see your animal either annually or semi-annually to ensure that the medication or preventative product you are seeking is the correct and best product for your animal’s health or care. While this might be frustrating to many animal owners, we appreciate your understanding that we need to follow the law. We do not charge to see your pet, get a current weight and set up a record for flea and tick prevention products.

What are your policies on vaccines?

We follow the guidelines for veterinarians set forth by the American Animal Hospital Association. Each pet is unique so we also take into consideration each different situation.

What is the policy for prescription refills?

We prefer 24 hour notice for prescription refills. We do not provide prescriptions for online pharmacies since the products cannot be guaranteed. For prescriptions that are filled on a monthly basis for a medical condition, we require regular exams throughout the year to ensure the medication is still at the needed dosage.

What if I’ve lost my pet or found a stray animal?

If you have lost your pet you can call us to report it so that we have your contact information on file in case your pet is brought in. Other good resources for finding, or posting lost pets include:

  • Craigslist Lost & Found and Pets pages
  • Facebook Pages for Stephens County
  • Stephens County Humane Society
What do I do if I’ve found injured wildlife?

Please call the Wild Care Foundation in Noble, OK, 405-872-9338, before capturing a wild animal to bring it in for treatment. If you find what appears to be an abandoned baby animal, please do not handle it. Observe, wait, and see. Mom might be nearby.

If you have found a clearly injured wild animal, (if you can) carefully contain it, then call the Wild Care foundation for further information. Do not risk injury to yourself or others in attempt to contain a wild animal.

DO NOT attempt to care for wildlife in your home. Wild animals have unique care and rehabilitation requirements and their best chance for survival is to seek help from a licensed rehabilitator. Keeping a wild animal in captivity without a permit is against the law.

For questions or concerns, please visit our contact page. If your matter is URGENT, please call us at 580-658-7300